Monday, June 4, 2012

i can't believe it's over!

Hi all!

I was hoping to send this in SF but we are stuck in Frankfurt for the night. We just spent the last 45 mins trying to find someone to talk to with no luck. We are now waiting in a group of god knows how many people to talk to someone. We might just be in the airport for the night at this rate. We're really hoping that they put us up for the night and can get us to an from the airport because we are out of euros! Blehk what a nightmare! Well, below is my last update! Hope you guys are having a better Thursday! :) I just talked to a guy and he's been here for over an hour.. Bahh!!

By the time I send this we will have landed home in SF! So crazy to think about! We're sitting in the airport in Lisbon right now, have a connection in Frankfurt and then will be on our way to SF! We are ready but then also sad! I've been pretty sick for the last few days so I think I need some sleep! Tory said that he wasn't feeling so hot this morning either, so I guess it will be good for us to get some real rest!

We had an amazing time in Lisbon! It was by far our best hostel and we met some amazing people too! We got to our hostel on Sunday and walked around the area for a bit. Saw all the immediate sights, a castle and the beach and just saw some beautiful buildings. The hostel provided dinner for 10€ which was an amazing deal! You got soup, main course, dessert and four drinks! It was awesome we did it every night except last night because we ran out of money! It was really good too! It was made by the hostel workers who were all local so it was real Portuguese food as well! We met some people and went out to bars with them that night. Some were from Australia, brazil and Italy! We had a blast!

Monday we did the walking tour with the hostel. We went pretty much everywhere Tory and I had walked the night before, so we didn't see too much more.  Afterwards we went to Sintra by train with four of the guys we met the night before. We had so much fun on the train ride, playing riddles and mind games. Once in Sintra we took a bus to the top where there was a castle and palace! We only had enough money to do the castle, but it was amazing! Such a great view of the city. Lots of walking though! I was pretty tired at the end, especially since I was sick too! Not a good combination.  We had dinner again at the hostel and played an awesome drinking game called slaps. You slap your top hand in the direction you want the rhythm to go, it sounds easy but goes pretty fast! I messed up a lot. Hahah!  Tory was able to make it out to the club with the others, but I was beat so I just went to sleep.

Tuesday we went to McDonald, haha. I can't remember the last time I had been to one! But we just needed something simple. Then I felt really bad, very weak and my nose was just running so I took the day off and just slept.  It was much needed! Tory walked to the flea market with David our roommate. He said everything there looked like it was stolen! Once he came back and rested some too we had dinner and went on the pub crawl. One of our friends Jim had a flight out the next morning and told us all day that there was no way he would come. We told Jakob out other friend from denmark that we wouldn't go unless he got Jim too. We walked over to Jim and he was like 'alright!' hahaha so we all went. We went to two bars and a club. The club was ridiculous. You would get like a hotel key and that's what you would use to get drinks, no cash. So at the end you had to swipe your card and pay whatever it was. If you lost your card it was 100€ we didn't get any drinks but when we were leaving it said that we did. I argued and they got fed up with me so I got to leave but Tory got lost in the shuffle and they wanted him to pay 6€ even though we didn't get anything. They wouldn't let him pay with card but thankfully I had cash still. While he was in line the bouncers started throwing punches at people, in the face, in the back of the head. It was insane. I was outside and saw this guy dragged out in a chokehold. It was pretty scary at one point. Finally Tory made it out though. Whew! We went back to the hostel an complained that they shouldn't bring people there anymore. After that we walked around the city with Jim and David. We played an object toss game with our shoes and just threw them against the wall, whoever was closest would win. It was hilarious. We played for at least two hours. We started throwing our shoes and then later threw our shirts, David even threw his pants. It was pretty funny. We saw the sunrise and got home at around 7-730!

Wednesday we woke up super late, grabbed some food at the grocery and got on the tran to go to Belem with David. We just walked around and saw whatever we could. It was reallllllly hot and shade was hard to come by so I ran through the sprinklers a couple of times. We saw a church and an old castle or lookout thing. We grabbed more groceries on the way home to make food. We got pasta and sauce and some snacks for only 5€! So that was awesome. Then we packed :(

And now we're in the airport! So crazy. I really can't believe it's already over! We had such an amazing time! The day I was sick and Tory went around without me I felt sad, so it's going to be weird not being with him 24/7! I guess that's good though to feel that way! Hehe! We're really looking forward to seeing the doggie and being able to hang out on a couch for a day or so before going back to reality! I need to catch up on the bachelorette! :) my friend elyse texted me a couple days ago about doing a PA gig, so that's good! It's only a day, but it will be great to get a little money in the bank!

Well I hope you are all relieved that we made it! We sure are that we had very little hiccups! Looking forward to talking to you guys soon!

Love and miss you all!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment